Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rika is Making an Appearance at the New York Anime Festival

I woke up this morning and, like most mornings, checked my email and my usual Japanese news sources; it's a bit of a habit now, because I know that most news in Japan pertaining to idols will be announced while I am asleep. And this morning, I was surprised to see a couple emails in my inbox with Rika's name on them.

Turns out that Rika is the special guest at the New York Anime Festival as Angry this October.

I immediately started to look up airfare before I realized I couldn't afford it.

Now, I REALLY want to go. I really do, and I'm actually asking my parents if going would be OK and if they'd help me do it. However, my chances of going are quite frankly quite slim. I am an unemployed college student, so deciding to go to a convention in the middle of the fall (when I have classes) about a month and a half away is not very feasible, especially since this is in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

Dropping $1000 (though I want to soooo much) on seeing Rika, when the only thing really confirmed about her appearance is that she'll be appearing at one or two panels isn't really possible for me. However, I'm keeping my eyes open and my fingers crossed and hopefully something will pop up and Rika will do autographs or something.

.... I REALLY want to go. Mmmmphhhhh.

1 comment:

  1. ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Gotta make it so budget XD but I wanna do everything in NYC XD

    ReplyDelete